With the potential to lead us closer to ourselves,
Deepening our soul connection.
Being comfortable in the void.
Teaching us to live fully now.
Losing loved ones is a natural part of the cycle of life. Grief is the process of adjusting to a new reality. When in the state of grief we may experience very deep emotions ranging from shock, anger, sadness, confusion with moments of relief. It may feel like someone ripped apart your aura and took a piece of you.
Remember Reiki can help with this process since it heals on all levels: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
For me personally, I lost my 15 year old dog, Lucy, in October. She was so much a part of my daily reality that I felt very ungrounded my first night without her. So much so, I felt a bit insane. I cried a lot. The Reiki helped me stay aware enough to use her death as a catalyst to consciously release any lingering grief in my system from losing my parents when I was a teen.
How do You come to terms and accept the emotions of losing someone? Even if You are fully aware the death process is just a birth into non-physical there’s still a sense of loss. There’s the spiritually aware perspective that we can celebrate for the loved one who’s moved on. Yet, here we are with feelings of intense sadness. I must say even in the depth of it, I felt great excitement for the lightness at the end of the process. I recognized the opportunity to tap deep into myself to become more fully who I am.
How long grief takes is different for everyone. What is most important is fully allowing your emotions to move through you. Grief moves through in waves. Reiki can help You ride the waves taking each one as it comes.
I can sense and talk to loved ones in the spiritual plane who’ve out right told me grief gets in the way of clear communication with them. What better motivation for allowing the energy of grief to work its ways through you, than to feel that heart connection with loved ones who’ve moved on.
Some of the symptoms of unreleased grief:
- carrying excess weight
- lung problems
- over or under emotional
- digestive troubles
- neck or back pain
- and more…
Ways Reiki can support the grief process for yourself or a loved one.
- Grief can be compounded if you’re regretting something you did or didn’t do. You can Reiki yourself or a loved one to help them heal the past by utilizing the distant Reiki symbol.
- Reiki your intention of allowing the grief to move through you.
- Reiki the environment. This will allow any expressed grief to be cleared from the surroundings. It will also help clear the energy of the loved one who’s passed leaving a loving and uplifting feeling.
- Reiki yourself as you fall asleep or send distant Reiki to your loved one who’s in grief. The Reiki will sooth you into sleep and help you process and release while sleeping.
- Reiki times You need to be at work or around others. This will help You stay connected with yourself allowing You to be authentic. It can create a bubble of loving energy around You making it easier to stay focused and breathe.
- Reiki your communication and interaction with others. You’ll find words to express how you’re feeling authentically so others will respect where you’re at emotionally giving you space and support.
- Simply fill yourself and your aura with Reiki all the time. Breathe it in and out. Allow the Reiki to guide You in your own process.
By allowing yourself to be filled with Reiki during your grief process you’ll open yourself to finding the beauty in the breakdown. You may even move through the process more quickly, or perhaps not. Reiki will certainly ensure you complete the grieving process fully. You’ll be left lighter and free. You’ll be able to live in the now with you’re heart wide open.
In Reiki awareness,
7 thoughts on “7 Ways Reiki Supports Overcoming Grief”