Going barefoot allows the Earth to scan your feet and give energy reflexology to your body where you need it. The energy will actually travel to your organs, like in reflexology. Walking barefoot also stimulates your healing reflexes when uneven ground or rocks press into the soles of your feet.
When you sit or stand barefoot on the Earth, also called Earthing, you may notice a warm soothing energy radiate up your feet, legs and into the rest of your body. The Earth energy feels very similar to Reiki. The Earth energy has the ability to heal, sooth and reset our energy bodies.
The Earth gets to know you and gives you just what you need energetically, just like Reiki does. The Earth feels your unique energetic imprint and supports your varying needs.
The Earth gives us negative charged electrons which neutralize free radicals in our body. Earth energy acts like an antioxidant. Being in direct contact with the Earth stimulates the body’s self-repair systems, just like Reflexology and Reiki do. The sun sends charged particles to the Earth and then the Earth shares this beneficial energy with us.
The best way to Earth and absorb the healing and nourishing energy is to be barefoot on the ground or sit on a cotton sheet or blanket. Walking on the beach or sitting on grass are very beneficial. The Earth is basically sharing electrical currents of energy with you, so think moisture which conducts electricity. Wood, rubber, plastic don’t conduct electricity.
Some of the healing benefits of Earthing are:
- improved circulation
- better sleep
- reduced anxiety
- increased energy and metabolism
- feeling more centered and present (grounded)
- decreased inflammation
- balanced hormones
- calms the nervous system
- improved immunity
Sounds like some of the same benefits of Reiki and Reflexology, right?
If you are attuned to Reiki, give yourself the added benefit of a self Reiki session while you Earth. It’s a good idea to spend about 5-20 minutes a day Earthing, longer if you can. I know when I do, I always feel recharged and uplifted.
How can you Earth when ground is snow-covered or it’s too cold outside? Well if you’re like me, you may find yourself sitting on a clear patch of ground that is not covered in snow in the blustery wind for a few minutes just because it feels so good. It’s surprisingly warm.
Here’s a simple meditation to use Reiki to connect with that loving, nourishing and healing Earth energy.
You can try this if the weather is not conducive to walking barefoot or you live in the city. You can do this outside, close to the ground, if you can. It will also work indoors.
- Breathe deeply.
- If you’re not outside, imagine yourself sitting directly on the ground.
- Send Reiki to the center of the Earth.
- Feel your heart lovingly connecting with the Earth’s heart chakra deep in the Earth.
- Feel appreciation for your connection with the Earth and all the loving support she gives freely while the Reiki continues to flow.
- Intend that the Reiki and Earth energy travel up your Earth Star and Root chakras into your body. Imagine the Earth energy going up your feet. You can even create a Reiki shower to keep the energy flowing for longer to ground and charge you. (Instead of having the shower coming down from the top, have it spout up from beneath you.)
- Allow your energy and heart beat to sync with the Earth energy and heart beat.
- Keep feeling the Reiki facilitate your connection with the grounding Earth energy knowing the divine energy in your heart is connected with the Earth’s divine light.
Giving the Earth Reiki while she gives you her healing energy is such a mutually beneficial relationship. Even if you aren’t attuned to Reiki, the Earth feels the healing effect of your love and appreciation.
P.S. If you are looking for simple methods to stay grounded and run your own unique energy so other’s don’t drain you. Click here to check out this Heal Yourself home study program.